We are looking to recruit a Demi Chef - Sushi. Should have around 1-2 years previous experience in a Commis position with a specialist in Sushi preparation.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE ARE:
• Maintains the standards of performance as detailed in the Departmental Operations Manual to ensure the efficient operation of the department in accordance with the Policy.
• Ensures that guest needs and expectations are met by providing a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
• Assists in establishing the identity of the outlet by providing the standards of food presentation required by each outlet following recipe standards.
• Is aware of the method of preparation and the standard recipe for every menu items in his particular kitchen and follows the procedures at all times.
• Maintains all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene required by the hotel in conjunction with Hygiene Officer.
• Co-ordinates with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational problems.
• Is familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operates them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
• To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
• To work closely with Hygiene Officer in implementing all hygiene and safety procedures.
• Participates in regular meetings and briefings as may be scheduled.
• Understands and abides by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
• Participates in any scheduled training and development program that may improve personal or departmental standards..
• Responds to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in food production
• Previous work experience in 4* or 5* Hotel or similar
• Knowledge of Kitchen finance/Food cost analysis/Ordering procedures
• Ability to monitor product and service quality standards and ensure that company standards are followed at all times
• Previous experience in a busy Kitchen
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to maintain a tidy work area
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills